NOWNESS in Association with Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Your Secret
Cities Photo User Submissions Competition (the “Competition”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to individuals 18 years of age or older, regardless of state or country of residence, except employees of NOWNESS, LLC (“Sponsor”), Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and agents (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and Promotion Parties’ employees’ immediate family members or persons living in the same household.
Sponsor may, at any time in its sole discretion, require any individual who enters (a “Participant”) to provide proof (e.g.,passport or other official photo identification card) to confirm eligibility requirements. Any fraud or attempted fraud in this Competition will result in disqualification.
2. PARTICIPATION AND ENTRY PROCESS: To participate, each Participant must:
- read, understand and accept the brief and these Official Rules
- comply with these Official Rules
To enter, submit one or more original photographs of one or more cities (each photograph shall be a separate “Entry”) in response to the brief anytime between 12:01am EST on August 21, 2012 and 11:59pm EST on September 3, 2012. Photographs must (a) be original, (b) not show any visibly recognizable person(s), and (c) not depict anything that is pornographic, derogatory or otherwise in bad taste, all of which shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. See the brief for submission instructions and work specifications.
Participants are not entitled to any compensation, payment or reimbursement of any nature from Sponsor or any other party as a result of their Entry or participation in the Competition.
No more than a total of five (5) Entries per participant will be accepted. No Entry will be permitted which, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, is inappropriate or violates any of the specifications or rules pertaining to this Competition. Use of any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method or more than one Entry per person, household or email address will void all Entries and result in disqualification. Competition subject to all applicable laws. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. SELECTION OF WINNER: From all eligible Entries, NOWNESS.com users will be able to vote for their favorite Entries between 12:01am EST on September 4, 2012 and 11:59pm EST on September 12, 2012. Users may vote more than once for different Entries but no user is permitted to vote for the same Entry more than once.
From the ten (10) Entries that receive the most user votes, a panel of judges appointed by Sponsor will choose one (1) winning Entry. The winning Entry will be selected based on its originality, creativity, artistic merit, overall impact and technical excellence. The Participant who submitted the winning Entry will be named the Grand Prize Winner.
Judges’ decisions are final and cannot be challenged by Participants or any other third party.
4. GRAND PRIZE WINNER: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded of a credit in the amount of US $2500 towards a stay at any Four Seasons hotel or resort (the “Prize”). The Prize may be awarded in the form of a Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Gift Card, subject to certain terms and conditions. See Gift Card Conditions of Use for details. For US residents: all federal, state, local taxes, if any, are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
The Grand Prize Winner will be contacted by the Sponsor on or before September 18, 2012 via the Twitter or Sina Weibo account used for submission and/or additional contact information provided with the Entry. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide information regarding their Entry (e.g. where the photograph was taken, when the photograph was taken, inspiration behind the photograph, etc), and a story identifying the winner and highlighting their winning entry will be featured on NOWNESS.com after September 25, 2012. The Prize may not be substituted or transferred.
The Grand Prize Winner is required to accept the Prize by e-mail to Sponsor within seven (7) days after Sponsor’s notification. If the Grand Prize Winner refuses the Prize or fails to respond to Sponsor within seven (7) days after such notification, such Grand Prize Winner will forfeit all rights to the Prize, and waives all claims, recourses and remedies. In such an event, the panel of judges appointed by Sponsor will choose one (1) winning Entry from the remaining nine (9), selected based on its originality, creativity, artistic merit, overall impact and technical excellence. The Participant who submitted the winning Entry will be designated the alternate Grand Prize Winner and shall be awarded the Prize in the same manner as designated above. If the Prize is not claimed, the above process will be completed until a Grand Prize Winner accepts the Prize.
Participants who are not awarded the Prize will not be notified thereof.
5. USER VOTE PRIZE: All ten (10) eligible Participants whose Entries receive the most user votes within the voting period will be featured in a story on NOWNESS.com after September 25, 2012. Such Participants will be contacted by the Sponsor via the Twitter account used for submission and/or additional contact information provided with the Entry for information regarding the Entry (e.g. where the photograph was taken, when the photograph was taken, inspiration behind the photograph, etc).
6. GENERAL RULES: By entering this Competition, each Participant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters. By entering, each Participant agrees to hold Promotion Parties, their affiliates, directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless against any and all claims and liabilities arising out of this Competition, including but not limited to any third party claims alleging violation of rights of publicity or intellectual property rights.
Promotion Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Competition, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Competition. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor compromise the security, fairness or integrity of the Competition, Sponsor reserves the right to modify or terminate the Competition in a manner deemed appropriate by it, in its sole discretion. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potential winner, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the name on the online entry form.
The Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release and waiver of claims. By entering this Competition, Participants agree that this Competition is governed solely by the laws of the United States. Any claims must be brought only in a federal or state court in the State of New York.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, abbreviate, cancel, interrupt or terminate this Competition at any time, without any liability to actual or potential Participants or other third parties.
7. RIGHTS TO ALL SUBMISSIONS: By submitting an Entry, each Participant (a)
represents that he or she meets all criteria of eligibility, has exclusive,
unfettered ownership rights to the Entry, and has not violated any rights of
any third party in connection therewith; and (b) grants Sponsor and the Four
Seasons Hotels and Resorts a perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable,
sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to publish, use and reproduce
the submitted Entry, along with Participant’s name and city, state and country
of residence in advertising, marketing, promotions and other publications,
whether online or otherwise, including but not limited to on the websites of Sponsor,
the Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, and their respective affiliates, Facebook,
Tumblr, Pinterest, Sina Weibo, etc. Nothing herein shall obligate Sponsor to
publish, use or reproduce any Entry.
LIST: For identity of Grand Prize Winner, available after September
18, 2012, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope (postage may be
omitted by residents of Vermont and any countries required under applicable
law) to: Attn: NOWNESS in Association with Four Seasons Hotels Secret Cities Photo User Submissions
Competition, 598 Madison Ave, 8th Floor, New York, New York 10022
USA. Requests must be received by October 18, 2012.
SPONSOR: NOWNESS, LLC, 598 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10022